Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ABOUT MINI ME (aka Mimi the Misfit Miniaturist)

I started the Seaview in 1990. I didn't even know that miniaturing was a "hobby." I fell in love with everything when I went to my first mini show.
In 1995, I became an internet mini person. I was looking for information, so that I could learn ways of making things to complete the house.
I met some wonderful people through internet mini groups, and bulletin boards. Many of them have moved on to other hobbies, or to Mini Heaven.
The fun we had, the encoragement they gave me, and all that they taught me, will stay with me always.
 
On a very sad and lonely Thanksgiving morning, I received an e-mail giving me notice, that one of the Net Groups had given me first and fifth place awards for my Nativity and Sobriety roomboxes. I was so blown away by this, that I cheered right up, and realized that MINIS have a way of making people smile (especially me).
 
I "accidently" acquired a few more buildings, and soon my intention of building ONLY the Seaview blossomed into a full blown mini obsession.
 
Somehow minis find their way into my home. Someone "out there" thinks I should be making or fixing minis. I'm not arguing.
In the past 20 years, no matter how bad life gets, minis can take me away for a while, and make me smile.

No comments: